Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teeth grinding at night 6 year old?

hi all..


tanvi, my 5.6 yrs old daughter has been into this teeth grinding for almost 7 months now. despite giving all the psychological relaxation( which she has no reason to be upset), deworming( several times), playfulness in the night before rolling out to sleep so that she is relaxed %26amp; happy, we have , as parents tried all the things to make her quit her grinding habit... but alas to no avail...!!


last few days, in fact the grinding noise is more intensified..which not only makes us worry about her teeth conditions etc, but also robs our sleep ( she sleeps with us in our room only)..the habit is also referred to as %26quot;bruxism%26quot;.. but having known all this.. we are still not able to figure out the %26quot;why%26quot;, %26quot;till when%26quot;, %26amp; %26quot;how to cure%26quot; it for her...





shall expect experts %26amp; parents who have been able to deal with this for their children to help me plz..





God Bless..


pankaj

Teeth grinding at night 6 year old?
My 5 yr old daughter does it too, I took her to the drs and he said it was because of stress!! Been down the school and spoke to the teachers to see if there was any problems, they said no, she%26#039;s a bright and popular girl with whom they have no worries with, I%26#039;ve spoke to her and she says she%26#039;s happy and has no problems either. So I too am baffled, it%26#039;s so upsetting (and sometimes annoying) My 4 yr old daughter has started doing it now too. Luckily, so far, no problems with the dentist when we went to visit. I%26#039;m baffled! I%26#039;d like a cure and a reason why too :(


Hope you have better luck finding out than I did x
Reply:I%26#039;m not sure there is anything you can do to stop the grinding other than what you%26#039;ve tried. The only recourse at this point is to see a dentist and have her fitted for a mouth guard. This won%26#039;t stop the grinding, but it will protect her teeth and will make it harder for her to bite down hard which will help the soreness in her jaw. Good luck!



Plant question

No comments:

Post a Comment